Abantwane Belanga Foundation – “Children of the Sun”, was founded in 2013 as we where touched in some way by the several events in South Africa, either because we live & work in this country, either by many vacations, either by our contacts with NGO’s or other reasons.There is a strong need for us to support several NGO’s in the Johannesburg area, permanently, from the Netherlands.
We think, partly because of our personal relationship with a number of other NGOs in the Johannesburg region, but also through our own network in the Netherlands, we continue to be a good mediator between these projects and many Dutch and South African authorities.
Thanks to years of experience e.g. the Sithand’Izingane Care Project, we also expect to have the expertise to be able to convince the need for authorities to participate in the work and activities of our foundation and contribute to the welfare of a large group of children, youth and adults in the Johannesburg region.
Abantwane Belanga Foundation is well known with the variety of NGO’s and initiatives, and donated funds will be used directly for the project for which it is intended.
The foundation aims to provide financial support and/or goods to support one or more local projects (NGO) in the Johannesburg region, South Africa, which will improve the welfare and living standards of children and young people, infected and affected by HIV / AIDS.
We strive to achieve our goal:
- Acquiring donors and sponsors.
- The raising of funds by applying for grants.
- Organize fundraising and other activities to financial resources.
- The placing on the publicity of the plans through lectures, newsletter, website, leaflets and use of social media.
- And to undertake further actions related to the above in the broadest sense or may be conducive thereto.